Sunday, May 16, 2010

hey you, tube! get off my property!

So I got a new job again, but this time it's a bit more relevant.
I'm going to start writing music and making videos with these
guys full time: http://www.youtube.com/thestation

I started out getting hired by them to write some parodies
and develop my Picture Songs idea into a bigger scope.
Things went smooth, and now they are bringing me into
their little youtube empire, or family, or dynasty, maybe
is the proper word.

They have Youtube down to a science, and they have an understanding
of it that has always eluded me. Their videos are popular, no matter what.
I've poured my heart into making some funny videos, but always had trouble
getting them to catch on.

Now we will be partnering, I make video, they make it catch on.
It's pretty exciting for me, it should open me up to a whole new audience,
and it should keep me focuses on pumping out new material
almost daily.

It's been a bit quiet here at the website, I know, but things are
definitely not quiet for me here out in LA. Just a little more focuses.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing for you in noisy bars,
I love the fun and excitement of turning a hostile crowd
into a giant loving embrace while we all sing Hey Jude
until my voice gives out and then I play I Quit You Fat Mother fucker
totally drunk while all the strings break on my guitar.

I love that, always have.

But someone very smart pointed out to me that
all that does, really, is get me another gig at another bar.

I'm going to focus more on my output,
and then do bigger and better tours that make more sense.

When I say make more sense, I mean, that are properly
promoted so there are actually people there on purpose!

In the meantime, check out youtube.com/nicepeter,
it's going to be changing a lot in the next few weeks.

I'm also working on two new albums, one with
Venkman Brothers, and one proper Nice Peter joint.

I miss the midwest, I miss touring, I miss England a lot,
but I'm doing something I should be doing, probably
should have been doing years ago, and it might be
my last chance to do it right, so wish me luck.

word.

-pete

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope this means I'll be seeing you in a sold out Minneapolis theater sometime soon!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Pete! I look forward to seeing your new videos. You are brilliant and as soon as more people discover you I think you will make it big!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Katie and Sarah said...

Good luck, Pete! We miss you here in the midwest, but you go do what you have to and we'll all be supporting you!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Nina O'Brien said...

Good luck x

6:40 PM  
Blogger Nina O'Brien said...

Good luck x

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Come to Missouri? Please?

1:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Peter!! I'm super proud of you babes. I'm heading back out to England this Christmas and will get to see Ed and the guys and I can't wait! Good luck buddy, hopefully we'll make our way back into the same bar eventually. xx

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever come to Boston I can personally guarantee you a huge turnout.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Julia said...

Good Luck!!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home