Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Upgrayedd

First of all,
Idiocracy has to be one of the best movies ever.

I want you to watch it as soon as possible,
please, for me, so we can exchange jokes
and line references.

Second of all,
I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is,
I had to break down and get a day job.

I am getting by on music, I am,
but that's just it, getting by, while I'm touring
shit's fine and popping, but while I'm here in LA
working on the next move, I'm tired of living like
a homeless dude.

So I got me a dayjob.
Ready for the good news?

I deliver marijuana cookies.

I ain't no drug dealer, holmes,
I work for a gourmet, medical marijuana
confection maker that delivers to only
the finest, legal, licensed dispensaries
in Southern California.

But, at the end of the day, I deliver pot brownies,
and that's a day job I can be proud of.

I had my first day yesterday, and I went
into 10-15 dispensaries around the city,
making deliveries, filling orders, registering
as a patient so I can legally be inside.

That was a trip, I must tell you.
I explored every demographic of
marijuana dispensary. Mexicans, Indians,
white people, black people, everybody loves
these cookies, and everyone loves weed.

I knew that, I've just never seen it all in one day before.

So that's going to be my gig, Mon, Wed, Fri.
Driving around to pot shops, talking about cookies
and lollipops, and our new medically infused Olive Oil....

It gives me time to work on music,
like my new song about Eugene Levy,
or the third Venkman Brothers album,
or these silly parodies I am cranking out every other
day for my other day job.

All in all, life is good, I woke up surprisingly sober
this morning after my first day on the "job"

I'm planning an East Coast tour for October.
It's a long way off, but that just gives me more time
to plan it, so I'm going to try to make it big.

England is calling me hard these days, there is some
shit developing in the arena too.

Midwest, I'm not sure when I'll see you again, but I'm
pretty sure it will be soon, if the boys from Bloomington/Normal can
come through.

-p

2 Comments:

Blogger LeighAnn said...

Hooray for an east coast tour.. make sure to come to Boston!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

President Camacho

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home