Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Susan Sarandon

Well, that was a weekend, let me tell you what.

First of all, I do not have an STD,
and that's always good news.

I swear to god, even you know
you couldn't possibly have an STD,
getting tested is always a frightening experience.

I suppose it's a good thing that they reveal results
the same way for everybody, but do they have to add suspense?

"Peter, yes, we have your results, could you sit down please?"

....

"well, Peter, you.... are............. negative for everything."

woo hoo!

Time to go out and sleep with somebody dangerous!

I got invited by my roommate Scott to the premier
of OK Go's incredible new music video. I don't know
if you've seen it or not, but if you haven't, just stop right
now and go watch it. Youtube, This Too Shall Pass, OK Go.

Scott shot all the behind the scenes footage for the video,
he's been working with the band and the crew of engineers
for a few months now.

He got me in to record audio of the premier,
they did it at a fancy art museum here in LA,
and OK Go played an acoustic concert.

It was fucking awesome, I don't even know where to start.

First off, I came in early with Scott to set up,
I met the lead singer, I've been a fan of his for years.
He was totally cool, we ate tacos together, we talked about
music, he talked about music, he talked more, he kept talking,
and then he finished by talking some more. But he had lots
of interesting shit to say, and he's the lead singer of OK Go,
so I had no complaints whatsoever.

Then, the guests started to arrive, and they were a COLORFUL
bunch, let me tell you.

You had your basic groups of LA socializing,
rich people, cool people, hoes, and famous people.

The hoes here are a treat, so vibrant in their hoe-e-ness,
and the weather makes it easy for them to be almost
completely naked at parties year round.

The cool people are just that, same with rich people,
and the celebrities keep everyone on their toes.

The place got packed, Scott and I mingled around.

At one point, I was chatting with a girl sitting on a couch outside,
I couldn't help notice the woman sitting next to her, in sunglasses
at night,
was in fact, Susan Sarandon.

I paid her no mind, just remembered it to tell you later.

She looked very good, by the way.

But then, as I was chatting along with this girl,
and I was in some kind of funny story,
I couldn't help but notice that Susan
Sarandon was eavesdropping casually on
our conversation.

Boom, punchline to my story,
Susan Sarandon laughs,
I smile, and feel pretty cool all night.

neato.

OK Go started their acoustic set in front of the whole crowd,
and I got to stand right next to the stage to record the audio.
At one point, the awesome bas player dude with the mustache
dropped a mallet onstage, I bent over, and handed it to him,
I was that close.

They were fucking fantastic. I've always like OK Go a lot,
but now I am an absolute fan.

At one point, they had the whole crowd singing this beautiful
melody, I was singing too, looking around the crowd, smiling
in the lovely LA evening air, gazing at the faces... when, another boom,
I made direct eye contact with... Weird Al Yancovik.

What a funny night.

We stayed all evening at the museum, the bass player DJing
and playing Hall and Oates, because he fucking rules.

I met some people, talked to some people, told everyone
I could about my Susan Sarandon experience.

Then it was time to afterparty, and Scott, being as smooth as he is,
got us invited to the party at the lead singer's house.

Cut to me and Scott drinking PBRs, chatting with the awesome
bass player with the mustache about Chicago, telling stories,
playing with the lead singer's dogs, all in OK Go's big ass house
in Hollywood, and I'll tell you the truth, I felt pretty damned cool.

That was Friday, I'll tell you about Saturday tomorrow,
right now, I'm tired, and Susan just won't stop playing with my hair.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home