Tuesday, March 02, 2010

return of the blog

I'm back, mother fucker,
and I've finally got shit to say.

I feel fantastic, gotta tell you.
I haven't felt this good in a long while.

I quit smoking cigarettes, started running.
Ugh, I know, how very Californian of me.
But I do feel good, my brain feels lubed up,
my lungs feel clear, and I can sing, dammit.

I told Ed in England I quit smoking, he just laughed at me.

Ed is the only guy I've ever met who wakes up
in the middle of the night for a piss, and has a cigarette with it.

That's dedication.

I also started telling jokes.
Weird, huh? But I've never written a joke before.
I've written funny songs, and I've said funny things onstage,
but it was always by accident, flying by the seat of my pants.

I did three shows at Zanies in Vernon Hills, outside of Chicago,
waaaaayyyyy outside of Chicago.
Zanies is an old school comedy club, the real deal.
I learned more in those three shows than I have in months,
fuck it, years! of performing whatever it is that I perform.

It's hard to explain, but it's been a pretty major breakthrough.

I tried out 7 minutes of completely new material,
some short songs, jokes, bits, and a very angry rant
about the Black Eyed Peas... I tried it out at the Improv in Hollywood.

That's another thing making me feel pretty fucking cool,
I went to try out new material at the fucking Improv in hollywood.

anyway, it worked, and I loved it, and it was fun and awesome
and I have a new outlook on my Nice Peter performance and
I hope to show it to you soon, and I hope you like it.

Don't worry, I'm still singing songs and making up songs
about the dude in the front row.

In fact!
I have an entirely new outlet for that kind of shit,
I am pleased to introduce you to...
the Venkman Brothers.

I started a new band with Dante Cinnamonbuns on lead guitar,
Geoff from Craigslist on lead drums, and me on lead vocals and lead
bass.

We make up epic fucking rock songs.
We don't write anything down, we don't repeat anything,
we don't do interviews, we don't have a website, and we're already
bored with this blog.

It makes me so happy every day.

We have our first show on March 13 at a offbeat venue
up in the valley, and our really big second show on St Patrick's day
in Playa Del Ray.

I'm also playing bass in Dante's band, Give Me Motion,
we had our first show in this awesome basement speakeasy
at the old American Legion building next to the hollywood bowl.

It was incredible.

I was not so great on bass, but I'm learning,
and our harmonies were tight, and we're getting better.

It's all adding up to me having new outlets for my music,
and in Give Me Motion I can even submit some of my serious songs.
shocking, I know.

but with the Venkman Brothers I can sing songs like the one I just
wrote in my head.
it's called, "Baby, You Give My Heart a Boner"

Yup, it's like that.

All in all, shit is good,
it's good to be back, nice to talk to you again,
oh, and me and my girlfriend split up, just thought you should know.

Since I'm going through the trouble to put this blog back up,
I will try my darndest to keep it fresh.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home