Sunday, January 29, 2006

Iowa City, who knew?

Dear Iowa,

I have a confession to make.

I didn't think you were going to be this cool.
I guess I expected more.... corn.

and less.....interesting people.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to insult you,
you are a cool state, and I underestimated you.

The Indian dude I met at the Q bar said last night,
"I'm usually the only brown person in the room,
but the people are very friendly"

So true.
The people are friendly,
mostly white, but very friendly.

Especially awesome is your Iowa City.

I had a great time at the Q Bar,
the crowd was cool, the girls were pretty,
the beer was a dollar, and the Hello Dave
show was fantastic.

I just want to thank you,
Iowa, and all of your people,
for making me feel welcome.

I hope to see you again in April.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back soon, I'll definitely come out and I'll bring friends... and corn if it would make you feel more comfortable.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home