Monday, January 02, 2006

Black People Soup

Last night saw me as a guest
on the Red Bar Radio show.

RedBarradio.com

A very interesting experience.

I learned something important
about radio appearances,
which is good because I have a few more
coming up, and hopefully it will become
a regular thing.

When going on to the radio,
one should be prepared.

I didn't know enough about what I was getting into,
I felt a little on-edge and uneasy the whole time.

It was fun, very fun, although tense.

If you missed it,
you can download the show
all week on RedBarradio.com

He may have had to censor
some of the better parts,
but those are the breaks.

The host is Mike D.
A hooded figure seen
at some Nice Peter shows of the past.

He's a solid dude, and
a cool supporter of the music.

But when he gets on the air,
he adopts a different persona
that I was not prepared for.

Once again,
if I had done more research,
I would have known more about what to expect.

He has a co-host,
or at least did until last night,
it may fall apart.

The co-host is black,
and he is often referred to
as "the black guy"

Apparently, his wife,
who is white, gets upset
at all the racial jokes that get tossed
around on the show.

She called in, upset, and wanted
to fume about the "disrespect"
shown to her husband on the air.

I thought it was all a joke.
or at least blown up for the show.

After her call-and-fume,
I was supposed to play a song on the air.

I thought it would be funny
to make a joke about the phone call,
so I started in with a little improv
song called: "Black People Soup"

"I love to make soup, out of Black People"

Stuff like that.

I thought it was going to be the funniest thing
I ever said. I thought everyone would say
"oh... how ridiculous, black people soup... ha ha ha"

But they didn't laugh.
the people in the studio didn't laugh.
The black guy didn't laugh.

with no laughter to keep me going,
the song died a terrible death.
And I felt very weird.

oops.

I thought it was funny.

My favorite part of the show was the call
from the 13 year old girl,
she wasn't allowed to talk on the air,
for some reason of rules or some bullshit,
and so she got kicked off.

I felt bad for her,
so I sang a song about 13 year old girls.
You can imagine where that one went.

I will edit that song from the broadcast and post it
on nicepeter.com.

Lessons learned:
-Prepare for radio appearances.
know the show, the audience, the atmosphere.
-don't sing about making soup out of minorities.
-do sing about 13 year old girls, as much as possible.

much love.

redbarradio.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need this audio clip

4:09 PM  
Blogger CityDontSleep.com said...

The Roast and exposing of Mike D. From Redbar Radio !

Robin David ! tribute to a Hebrew queen ! Watch the whole Roast or watch the chapters that catch your eye! Please like and sub ! https://youtu.be/ZofKdW9WEoU?t=7020

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

💀💀💀

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home