Thursday, January 26, 2006

baby steps

Finally.

At last.

...finally.

things are starting to happen.

little things,
so small you might
not even notice,
but I do.

My career,
is slowly,
but surely,
gaining momentum.

I know because the music
gains ground even
when I don't put in effort.

I can take a short break from playing shows,
and not look at my computer
but when I come back,
and there will be new CD orders,
new mailing list subscriptions,
new Myspace friends.

I've got a booking agent,
a publicist,
a video editor,
and homies all over the world
helping me with all sorts of things.

It's amazing,
when I stop and look.

Maybe its all the
Grey Goose this evening.

Either way,
I'm feeling sentimental.

I can look back a few months and
see little journal entries I wrote
about giving up.

It seems a bit ridiculous now.

Things are moving,
like a choo-choo train
on its third or fourth choo.

I'm touring pretty much full time,
I can't tell you how great that feels.

Today I made a new merch
booth with fancy lights,
oh so fancy.

As always,
none of this would
mean anything if weren't
for you out there reading
and listening and all that sweet stuff.

so thanks.
it's working,
at least a little bit.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home