Sunday, December 18, 2005

Blue Cigars

Ladies and gentlemen,
please join me in welcoming
a new member to the Nice Peter family:

the 1985 Toyota Corolla.

That's right,
I have purchased a car.

A car from the year that Back To The Future was released,
a car that was in the factory while I was learning to read.

A car that only cost me $600.

I was in a predicament,
I have lots of shows coming up,
and no car to get around.

I looked into renting a car,
but you wouldn't believe how
much that costs for two months.

So, it was onto Craigslist, down
to the southside, where I met
with a friendly, young latino
couple, and met my new love.

My Toyota.

It has a sunroof,
a tape deck,
and no cigarette burns.

A little rust,
but nothing a little love
can't handle.

how do I like my women
and my cars?

with experience.

and this baby's got
141 thousand miles
of stories to tell.

So look out, midwest,
I'm coming to tour,
and I'm coming in
a 1985 Toyota Corolla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home