Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Something's gotta give

I've been living in a basement in Chicago
curled up next to a drum set.

It's amazing.

I stay up late,
I wake up late,
there's no sunlight down here
so it all feels the same.

I went on a four day tour with my old band,
we played two awesome shows,
and then there was Green Bay.

I swore I'd never go back to that
god forsaken town years ago.

Pauly talked me into it.

It's not his fault, I was having trouble
finding another show for that date anyway.

The good part is,
I have footage of the three of us
dressed up in a full body camouflage - Donehoo
a karate uniform - Pauly
and an adult size set of red footie pajamas.

-me.

The audience didn't even giggle,
I thought it was hilarious.

We came back for our fiftieth set
of our 4 hour night of music,
stoned out of our heads,
at least I was,
and marched into the bar in those costumes.

I thought the place would burst into laughter.

not even a chuckle.

I looked around,
there was a guy sitting at the bar,
wearing an actual full body camouflage suit.

maybe they didn't think they were costumes at all.

Bret Yager got the whole thing on video,
and then he got me, relatively drunk and high,
lipsinc-ing Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror,
in my red footie pajamas, while playing a giant
upright bass neck connected to a metal garbage can.

It's this weird instrument they have on the stage in Green Bay.

I sang the whole song,
started walking around the bar,
singing the whole song,
grinding on people who were not the least bit amused,
and then I went out onto the street,
and started thumping on the bass-garbage can
about being in Green Bay.

I think it will make for some excellent video.

Pauly was upset because no one videotaped him
on the other side of the bar standing outside in his underwear.

you can't get it all.

We made the long drive to St Paul,
I slept most of the way, so we didn't get too much exciting footage.

But the concert in St Paul was one of my favorites in a long time,
and we got all of that.

I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

oh!

and I found the best name for the DVD,
I think it's going to be called:
Nice Peter - maximum capacity 75.

It pretty much sums up the feel of the mini tour,
and it was a hilarious sign right next to my poster in Green Bay.

You know you've hit the big time when your maximum audience is 75.

Thanks to Pauly and Donehoo and Bret for the laughs and shows and
hard work.

and thanks to you for coming out to see shows.

It means more to me than you probably think.

Even you guys in Green Bay,
cool dude who wants to come to England
and bought us Mandarin bombs,
awesome dudes who came to Neenah and Green Bay,
and everyone else who was there on purpose and friendly,
thanks.

I've been pretty hard on your town,
don't take it personally.

you're welcome to come visit me in this basement while I'm here.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home