Saturday, September 05, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day Whatever

Oh gosh.

I'm starting to slip
a little bit on the blog.

Truth is, we're in the middle
of twelve gigs in a row.

A lot of them have long drives,
and pretty much all of them have been long nights.

I'll give you some highlights:

Bideford was awesome,
three sets, great crowd on a Thursday,
and I discovered the joys of picking on the Welsh.

I thought I was getting sick,
but I think that's because I was so
hungover from the gig in London.

I fucking hate London.

I shouldn't say it like that, sorry.

I fucking despise London.

It's a wonderful city,
I guess,
and I'm sure living there
would be lovely.

But driving in and out is hellish,
and we always end up spending too much
money, taking too much time,
and it's almost always the weakest set of the tour.

That said, a dude posted some videos
on my facebook.com/nicepeter if you would
like to see them.

We did have a lovely dinner in London.

We ate at a Nigerian restaurant.

It occurred to me,
why does every dry, hot, water-shortaged climate
produce the hottest, spiciest food?

Mexico, India, African food...

hot as hell.

Can you imagine sweating after eating
a hot bowl of Goat curry in the middle of Africa?

That's what we ate,
no kidding,
Goat curry.

That might have been part of what set me off
to a weird start for the London gig.

Goat curry does not make well
for jumping around onstage.

Lesson learned,
but it was still a wonderful dinner
with some wonderful friends from my
old hometown of Rochester, NY.

I think there's a video of me telling
the story about the Goat curry at the show.

I haven't had the balls to watch them yet.

Tonight I'm in Glossop, in the North, ish...
at the foot of the Pennines,
That's a mountain range here in England.

I'm at a great pub called the Moon and Sixpence,
the pub is already filling up, it's a Saturday,
I feel good, and I think it's gonna be an awesome night.

I'll try to keep you more in the loop,
and I think I have another video diary to show you, too.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say well done on the Blackburn gig! Was going to wait until you blogged about it, but oh well... looks like you might not end up doing!

Everyone absolutely loved you act and you did the impossible of beating the Badniks in audeince appreciation!

Looking forward to the Manchester gig this Friday dude!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home