Friday, August 21, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 2

First off,
what the hell is this?
--------------------------------------------
Divina Yalin has invited you to join a group in Second Life.

Divina Yalin has invited you to join a group.
There is no cost to join this group.
Group:
White Horses Angels: We are fans of White Horses.
If you have a white horse with wings or not you are welcome in our
group.
Come and enjoy with us we like go around with our horses and see
horses stuff!!

Log in to accept or decline this invitation.
--------------------------------------------

White Horses?
See Horses Stuff? This is by far
the nerdiest thing I have ever seen in my email box.

I got that this morning,
I use the term "morning" loosely
because I didn't wake up today until 3:30 pm.

Me and Ed were up late polishing off the
cans of beer in the fridge and eating hummus
and going over some live tracks we put together for
the new CD.


We didn't even get back to his house until about 3 am,
because out driver, Adam, got lost as fuck.

He's a wonderful driver, he moves fast as the wind
and stays totally sober while we drink every free beer
we can scam from the pub.

Last night we were in Bolton, not far from Preston,
and I didn't have my rental car yet so we asked Adam
for a lift and he agreed.

We arrived at 7:30, I didn't go on until 11,
and I somehow ended up playing two sets until about 1:30.

Everyone stuck around, it was cool to see people
rocking out so late on a school night.

The show was alright, took some time getting going
but it got fun.

It's tough for me to keep it feeling fresh,
because I've been playing so much,
but I forget that no one in Bolton has seen
me in 10 months. And some longer.

One kid was there when I played the Abandoned
Snooker Hall on my first tour.

That was scary as fuck, but fun.

The highlight for me, was the pissed off little dude
who stormed out of my set after the first song
because it was too "sexual"

I don't even really know what that means.

But I won him over in the end,
and I got a video of dancing to Kansas.

I'll post it as soon as I can figure out
how to integrate it into the blog.


-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home