Wednesday, August 26, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 6

I had to go back and look at the number
on my last post to see what day this is.

Things are getting into swing.

We had last night off,
which is always dangerous,
because you lose momentum,
and you drink too much because you
don't have to play anywhere.

Ed was hosting a big show in Preston,
so we stayed here. I stayed home
and worked on some more videos,
and then went to see the show.

It was Jeffrey Lewis,
an American guy,
and opening up was Ivan Campo,
(who is a Spanish guy, but not in this case)

Ivan Campo is one of my favorite bands in the world.

and Jeffrey Lewis was an incredibly interesting songwriter
who had the whole room silent.

I got to mingle around and talk with people
without having to worry about my guitar
or my tshirts, and it was nice.

Tonight we are playing the first new town
of this tour. My stomach hurts, Ed seems tired,
we were supposed to leave an hour ago,
and my fingernails are too long.

Other than that,
everything is perfect.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home