Friday, August 28, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 8

Tough crowd,
Ipswitch...

tough crowd.

I'll admit, I got off to a rocky start,
coming out swinging with a new
song I wrote upstairs in the attic
is not the best way to win over a
chilly new audience.

But,
with crazy dancing Indian dude,
and the couple who walked in the bar
and went completely separate ways immediately,
I think we ended up having a good time.

Turns out the hard-to-impress guy in
the front row was Lady Sovereign's drummer.

figures.

I'm not sure I eve know who that is,
but she sounds like the kind of
lady that would have a drummer
who is hard-to-impress.

All in all,
it was a show that made me flex
muscles, a work out, an exercise
in hostile crowd work.

I got the whole thing recorded,
as I have pretty much every set
from this tour recorded, I'm thinking
about posting whole sets as kind of
a podcast download.

What do you think?

do you want to hear Nice Peter
win a steep uphill battle
against a crowd and eventually
start to win them over?

I'm not even sure if I do,
but there was some funny shit last night,
and that guy did look EXACTLY
like the dude from the "Whoomp, There it Is" video.

I swear.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Pete! Looking forward to catching up with you and Ed in the micro-light hangar on Sunday evening!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home