Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Day 10 - Paddywhacks

We woke up on the floor in Kettering,
at Sawyer's pub, a wonderful pub that
is small and local and owned by a wonderful
couple and the way pub's should be.

We drove all the way across the country
to a bar that could not be more different.

And we treated ourselves to the luxury
of a hotel room, 2 nights!

Upon checking in,
I browsed the vending machines,
and I was delighted and freaked out
to see that they sold...
ready for this?

Roast Ox flavored
potato chips.

Roast OX?

you're kidding me.

Of course I had to buy them,
they get really crazy with
their potato chips over here.

and yes, I know,
you call them crisps.

The one behind the Roast Ox
was Ham and Onion.

gross, dude,
gross.


So I bought the Roast Ox Chips,
opened them up,
took one bite,
and my suspicions were confirmed.

Roast Ox Potato chips are gross as hell.

,

We rested up,
got ready for the gig in Sunderland.

Now last time I played there,
it was after a huge soccer match
between Sunderland and their main rival,
Newcastle.

Sunderland won,
and it was the cheeriest atmosphere
I have ever played in my life.

hundreds of drunk happy
people singing and dancing.

I spent half the set improvising,
and playing covers,
and generally just pounding
away on the Wazinator and
keeping the party going.

It was a blast, I got paid well,
and I stayed sober.

This gig was pretty much the same,
except Sunderland lost that day,
but it was still hundreds of drunks,
dancing and singing,
and I pounded on the Wazinator,
played covers, and kept the party going.

One girl came up to the stage
and started eyeing me provocatively.

I sang about her a bit,
she stayed up there,
as if waiting for something,
and I asked...
"can I help you with something?"

she replied,
without batting an eye,
"yeah... I want you to come down here and fuck me."

jesus christ,
Sunderland girls...

It was a fun set,
if not artistically interesting,
it was definitely a party
and I was the time keeper.

We sang and danced,
and I got highlights on video for you.

I'm trying to catch up
on a backlog of blogs,
so I'll end this one here.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home