Monday, August 31, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 9

Pictures of people laying down on funny stuff.

Apparently that's a thing.

I had never heard of it before,
but remember those cows I told you
about in Milton Keynes?

They're made of cement.

well...

a dude came down from
the Milton Keynes show,
to the Kettering show,
and he was showing me
pictures of the cows.

And then there were some pictures
of him laying down on the cows.

and then there were some pictures
of him laying down on other random things.

That's his thing,
he explained.

He takes photos of himself laying down on random shit.

I think it's hilarious,
and apparently its a fad.

So that brings me to Kettering.

Kettering is a classic English town,
with a classic English music venue.

It's my third time there,
ad we had a great crowd,
and a wild party,
and a wild after party.

and I got stoned and drunk
and slept on a mattress in the pub
and jammed on the drums with the local dudes,
and it was all a hoot.

The show was a blast,
crazy people shouting out crazy
things, and one crazy dude named Mike.

It was Mike's twenty first birthday,
and in keeping with some bizarre
tradition that seems to have popped
up on this UK tour, he decided to come up
onstage and get naked.

I promise you, this was with no prompting from me.

I don't particularly like it or dislike
it when random dudes get naked onstage.

It certainly makes it a memorable experience,
but it makes it hard to keep control of the show.

once some dude takes his pants off,
it's hard to bring the songs back
to clever ditties about Spanish.

So Mike was drinking pretty hard all night, I assume,
he came up to play tambourine, one thing
led to another, and next thing I know he is
showing the audience his larger-than-normal
left testicle.

what do you do with that?

I guess you keep playing.

And you hope that Ed got
the whole thing on video.

he did.

Oh,
and after the show,
Mike passed the fuck out
on a bench in the Pub.

I took the opportunity
to snap a photo for the dude
who came down to the show from Milton Keynes.

-p

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its EMO MIKE!

If only I knew you have laid on me!

Sorry if I was a pain in the arse but I certainly had a great 21st!

Cheers Dude!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home