Thursday, August 27, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 7

Last night I played at a pub in Milton Keynes.

I always do a little research about a new town
before I play it, it helps loosen things up a bit.

"I took the time to find out about you...
now shut up and listen while I make of you"

Something like that.

Last night was fun for me,
there was a bonus set, and lots of free beer,
and a crazy old dude named Tommy
who I'm pretty sure wanted to take me home.

but I'm also pretty sure he might not have a home.

Anyway you slice it, he was awesome.

I don't think he has an email, but I told
him I'd tie a note to a bird's claw if that's
what it take to let him know I'm coming back to Milton Keynes.

I've got some decent video of him,
I'll post it as soon as I can get the other backlogged videos done.

I've got more footage than I know what to do with,
and I'm trying my best to keep everything more updated on this tour.

I'm doing a better job, aren't I?

It's cause I'm not smoking any weed.
I've got video about that, too.

OH!

wait,
I was going to tell you
the whole point of the Milton Keynes story.

So... I was asking the audience
about any other stories, facts, legends,
whatever they could tell me about the town or the pub.

...... silence............silence......

"WE'VE GOT CEMENT COWS!"

what?

"CEMENT COWS"

oh.... cement cows,
how fascinating.

That was all they wanted to talk about.

cement cows.

I love this tour.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when Chicago had all those cows around town?!?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home