Saturday, August 22, 2009

UK Tour Diary Day 3

Day 3,
Show 2,
Oldham, UK.

Let me start by saying that the rumors
going around that The Godfather's buy 1
get 1 free pizza special is crappy pizza are false.

Ed and I have been coming to Oldham to play at the Castle
every tour now, and we have always gone to the Godfather.

Buy one get one free pizza!

But we were told that they recieved
zero stars out of 5 for cleanliness.

That's not good.

So we were pointed in the direction
of a different pizza place, and this morning
we both feel terrible.

That might also have something to do
with the case of Heineken we polished off,
on top of the Aftershock, and one terrible
idea of a Jager bomb.

I woke up feeling pretty snappy this morning, actually.
It's Ed that feels like hell.

He's still in bed,
I went for a walk to get a sandwich.

I took one look at my leftover pizza,
made up of Tuna, onions, and hot green chilies,
and decided that was a pretty terrible way to start a day.

I eat strange pizza, what do you expect?

Last night's gig was alright,
hard work, but fun.

I had trouble getting the audience
on board with anything.

I finally got them all to yell
in agreement when I asked,
"how many people out there breath oxygen?!"

yay!


It was a pretty standard set,
I got the whole audio recorded
and maybe I'll post up the highlights.

I'm trying to do a better job
of posting something every day for you,
it's a natural result of me quitting smoking pot.

I wake up feeling just that much more motivated
to do something.

Now, when I say "quitting"
I mean more like cutting back,
but any way you slice it,
I'm not getting stoned every night
on this tour, and I can already
tell its making a difference.

We'll see how much it helps
when we have to sleep in some
strange house on some uncomfortable
couch and it's cold and lonely
and terrifying.

On those nights, a little smoke
can come in real handy.

But Ed's done a pretty good
job on this tour of weeding
out the undesirables, and we have
some kick ass shows ahead of us.

Today is Ed's birthday party
back in Preston, and he's put
together an all day concert with
10 bands, and I'm supposed to headline
at the end of it all.

The bastard.

He likes to do that to me,
throw me after a bunch of awesome
bands and watch me struggle to overcome.

I guess it's good,
throw em in the water,
they'll learn how to swim.

Speaking of good bands,
check out Murmurs of Tension,
I played with them in Bolton,
and they were fantastic.

Today the music starts at 3,
the drinking starts at 2:30,
and I go onstage at 11.

We'll see what happens.

It is England, afterall,
where the pubs open before noon
and it's not rare to see people
drunk by 2 pm.

They really do know how to drink here,
but apparently it's causing some scandal.

There were police in the bar last night
checking the authenticity of the liqour.

No kidding, they had a cop
and two scientists of some sort
dipping little test strips into
the Bacardi.

Fake Bacardi? Why would anyone bother?
And what is in real Bacardi that makes
it show up on some chemical test strip?

All I know is,
my sandwich was equally terrible,
and I've got a train to catch.

I'll keep you posted.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home