Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blast

It's kind of an exciting time.

I'm going back on the road,
and that kicks ass.

I planned the tour
when I first got here
to Los Angeles, because
I hated it and thought I would
need a break more than anything.

I don't hate it now.

I'm enjoying myself,
and I'm keeping busy,
and performing, and writing
emails and making videos,
and by the sound of this so far,
writing terribly boring blog posts.

I'm going to take my computer with
me on tour and write you a post
for everyday that I'm on the road.

Will that make up for my relative silence
since I've been out here?

I hope so.

And I hope I can keep up my
end of the bargain.

What do you want to hear about, anyway?

Today I paid lots of bills and looked
into debt consolidation and sent out
some posters and sent an email to the
lady who books the Improv to show her
my new video.

How thrilling.

I'm supposed to be out chasing
chicks and smoking bongs and
drinking beers naked in a hot tub.

I did that last week.

My life isn't boring yet,
just my days.

And by the time I get to night,
I'm usually tired, and there's a girl
waiting for me in bed,
and I gotta tell you the truth,
it fucks with my ability to write.

There's something about being happy,
and not lonely, that has always
been a hinderance to art and expression.

Where do you draw the line, though?

I don't. I'm just figuring it out
as I go along.

I've got two new songs
that I'll be playing in my sets
on the tour. Maybe a third if
I can finish it in time.

And one new cover.

and lot's and lot's of new stories.

So, if you're near where I'm coming,
I hope you can make the trip to see a show.

I've got all the dates up,
and I'll have awesome new tshirts,
and I'm coming all the way from California,
for god's sake, the least you can do
is meet me from Springfield.

I love you and I'll see you soon.

And I'm talking to Ed about the next UK tour,
looks like late August, but nothing confirmed yet.

-p

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Stoked for you to cum back Pete! We miss you! There will be bongs, and beers, and snacks. There will be snacks there will, there will be snacks.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Treble said...

Awesome Pete!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home