Monday, February 02, 2009

a song about writing songs

How do you write a song
about writing songs?

I tried.

A friend of mine used
to work for a guy that
licenses songs for movies and TV.

He has a team of songwriters
that come up with songs
in different genres that he
can then sell to people
who need music.

Sounds like a great job.

You get an email saying,
"we need sarcastic rock songs
that sound kind of like the Foo Fighters"

and then you write something,
record it, and hope somebody buys it.

So....
I had to convince this guy
that I could write stuff like
that pretty easily.

I compiled a demo of my recordings,
but they all said "tits" or "fuck" at the good parts.

Maybe Nice Peter tracks weren't going to work.

When all else fails,
write something new.

So I wrote this guy,
Mitch,
a little song about
how it's easy for me to write
songs in different genres.

It was harder than I expected.

but here it is,
in case you're curious:

www.nicepeter.com/dearmitch.mp3

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I liked the song. My baby, on the other hand, pooped himself and fell asleep during it. So, I guess that's a mixed review, depending on the type of response you're hoping to evoke.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home