Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lovely

Hi.

I'm sorry I haven't been more talkative,
keeping you up to date with the thrilling
news of my last couple weeks.

Which, to be honest, has not been thrilling,
but there have been some nice moments.

I had sex this morning,
that was cool.

My dear friend Mark and
his lovely wife Emily have started
a blog about eating good food, and drinking
fine drinks, on the cheap.

Or at least the reasonable.

They asked me to share it with you,
and I am happy to do so:

http://www.inthemaking.wordpress.com/

enjoy.

and stay tuned,
I'm seeing a doctor on Friday
to see about getting a ritalin
prescription, and if you've ever seen
me on ritalin, well... I don't usually ever shut up.

You see, I've got some problems with..
how you say... doing anything?

I start every day with a hundred plans,
I touch on each one,
finish none,
and there's the sun setting.

ugh.

So, in my general process
of trying to get better,
I'm turning to an old reliable friend.

drugs.

But here in California they call it

medication.

All I'm saying is,
stay tuned,
I've got a lot of stories to tell you.

And if you are in Chicago right now,
I can't wait to see you again.

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pete - "Better living thru chemistry" has always been my motto. Medications? Drugs? Crutches? All good :)

Just heard about your 5/26 High Noon show. Unfortunately, I'm getting a new hip that day. First show of yours in Madison that I will miss in many many years.

Damn!

Jake

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

I love that I came in second to sex!!! That's awesome. When do we get to cook for you?

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home