Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A letter to my mom

Dear Mom,

I'm doing fine.
I'm just finishing up an entry
to the NORML video ad contest.

grand prize is $3,500.

I wrote a song
using all the statistics about
money spent on arrests and stuff,
and compared it to other things
you could buy with it.

I don't have internet at my apartment yet,
but I do have a very nice balcony.

I'm at a kinko's down the street from my house.

there's a little kid who is screaming a lot.

I think he's retarded.

The brakes on my car wore down,
it was wearing metal against metal.

I had to get them replaced
and it cost $250, which was rough.

But now I have shiny new brakes,
and I might have $3,500,
and that would be awesome.

I'd pay off some credit cards,
go out to dinner,
and get a prescription for marijuana.

You can do that here, it's crazy.

I had to turn on the air conditioning
in my car this morning.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home