Monday, December 29, 2008

The upside of hightimes.

Today,
has been a good day.

First off, thank you
to all the wonderful ladies
and boys who have responded
in kind to the donation email I sent out.

If you didn't get the email,
it went something like this:

I moved out to LA,
on a whim, and I forgot
how important a job and
a place to live can be,
and they have both been
extremely difficult to find,
so I've set up a donation page
that allows you to purchase two
never before released MP3s,
the Get Low cover by Lil Jon,
and a recording of Spanglish
that I did at a full studio with a full band
that I wasn't happy with at the time.

the link is this:
www.nicepeter.com/donate.html

you can donate anything you wish,
and you'll be sent to a page that
let's you download the songs.

That's that,
enough of that.

Today!

I got an email from a man who works
for NORML.

the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

He wants to do an interview with me tomorrow.

how cool?
very cool.

I responded to his email,
and went to go check out the site.

It turns out, they are having a video
contest, with a grand prize of $3,500,
to make a video about the horrible
consequences of marijuana laws in the US.

As it turns out, we're approaching
the 20 Millionth arrest for marijuana.

That is pretty fucking ridiculous.

So...
inspired by my friend, Happy Joel,
whom I mentioned earlier and you should
definitely check out: www.happyjoel.com

I am going to enter the contest.

I'm already writing the song,
it's going to have a music video,
with lot's of mexican guys and street bums from Venice Beach.

fantastic!

And I'm going to win some money,
and I'm going to be able to afford...

weed.

So, after that,
I went to the Los Angeles
County Museum of Art.

It's free after 5 pm.

Actually...
it's based on donations
after 5 pm, anything you can afford,
which I found hilarious given my present situation.

I went to see the awesome art,
it was awesome.

I also went to see the William Hearst collection.

Now that, was incredible.

William Hearst was an incredibly rich man
who collected an astounding number
of incredibly cool pieces of art.

I saw a Roman vase from 500 BC,
and I saw a painting that I've seen in books.

like.. a lot.

"whoa!! that's that painting from all the books.... right there!"

I found out what that painting smells like.

I saw suits of armor and tapestries
and all this fantastic art that was
collected by William Randolph Hearst...

who was also!

A major player in the instatement
of the marijuana laws that I am
going to help fight to change.

What a beautiful world.

don't believe me?

http://www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm

i love you.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck for the contest !!!
Laurianne

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home