Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tour Diary Part Whatever

Holy Shit.

I am hung over.

Drinking a bloody mary
and a cup of coffee poured
over ice at Mc Goff's in Mankato, MN.

Last night,
I got a bit
out of control.

Just a bit.

No, a lot,
I got a lot out of control.

It was a fun show,
and,
jesus,
I can barely even think
straight enough to write
these words.

My head is swimming,
hung over from pot and alcohol,
and some sort of terrible shot
called the Diamond Cutter.

I stayed with some nice folks
who thought it would be a good idea
to get me all wasted and then take
me to the goat pen in the park.

That's right,
the goat pen.

Needless to say,
I climbed into the goat pen,
wasted, and hung out with some goats.

Like.... seven goats,
in a very confined space.

It was awesome.

I ended up climbing on top
of their little goat-playground
and doing a dance, and I think
I made a phone call.

Turns out,
if I had been seen
by the police,
I'd still be in jail right now.

Good thing I wasn't.

I wish they had told
me that when I started to
climb into the goat pen.

"hey...pete,
if the cops see you,
you'll get arrested."

I probably wouldn't have listened, anyway.

But it would have been nice to know.

I've gotta stop now,
my head hurts,
but it was fun,
and the goats were fun,
and now I'm going up to Minneapolis.

bye.

I'll write later
when I can see.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there have been no goats on the 2nd or 3rd round; just strange plastic trombones and ugly sweaters. When I move to Chicago I must find goats to incorporate into your after show parties. The goats could possibly wear sweaters and play plastic instruments. Not trombones though, if they cant suck (which I don't think they can) then they cant blow. Maybe castanets or tambourine.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home