Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tour Diary Part 3

So,
I got upstage by Pauly's new band last night.

(If you don't know Pauly,
he's my old bass player,
from the Bush Song music video,
yeah... the guy in the batman suit)

I deserved it.

I've been upstaging
people for years.

It's not my fault,
I've got a gimmick.

I'm funny,
and I love the audience,
and I pay attention to them.

It's as simple as that.

So many performers
just ignore the group of
people that are the only
reason they are able
to perform in the first place.

I don't get it.
Never have.

I can see you,
and hear you,
and if you start
acting like an idiot
while I'm onstage,
I'm probably going to
sing about you.

I think that's what everyone
really likes about the shows, really.

Kristen used to tell me
I kept everyone in the moment.

She was big on that.

I miss Kristen,
but that's not
staying in the moment,
now is it?

This is my first real
day out on my own.

I've had Bryan with me
for the first four shows,
but now,
I'm alone.

Just me, and Rod.
(that's the name of my
satellite navigation
machine, he talks to me)

So Pauly upstaged me,
let me flounder for a few
songs, and then came up
with Donehoo to save my ass.

It was beautiful,
I wish you could have seen it.

He's really fucking good,
when he tries.

And he was trying last night,
and he was really fucking good.

You should go see
them play sometime,
it's worth it.

www.wallydogger.com

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a represent of approximately 50% of the hamtramck crowd there to see you, I must say it was a freakin' awesome show and a wonderful way to spend a birthday. I've been riding a natural high since, and I owe that all to you. Jamming to new cd(thank you again) while on my way to class really makes it a little easier to talk about why it's ok to take someone off a ventilator and not as ok to out and out kill them if I'm thinking about chavs. What are chavs, by the way?


Thank you again, and I hope the rest of your shows are just as if not more successful than the Hamtramck one.

Chrissy

3:23 PM  
Blogger nicepeter & friends said...

Chavs are a strange British Hybrid of White Trash and super ghetto. They wear track pants, tucked into socks, sport sneakers, hats, and they drink Stella Artois.

They don't finish highschool, they reproduce swiftly, and with government assistance, and they are a general menace.

And... all across England, they all look exactly the same.

-p

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home