Monday, September 10, 2007

Tour woes

Dude.

I had to pull out of my West Coast ambitions.

I'm sorry.

not to you,
but to myself.

and not really.

I tried to pull it all together,
me and my booking agent
were doing all we could.

It sounded like a great idea,
drive to California by myself
and play gigs in the land of angels.

Turns out,
California is far as fuck.

And none of the clubs would
get back to us,
not even in Nebraska.

So it was between driving hundreds
of miles with very few gigs on very little
money and starving and falling asleep
at the wheel, or...

coming back to Chicago for a month
and chilling out and saving up some money
doing odd gigs and working at the restaurant
so I can travel to England in style.

I went with the latter,
I hope you can understand.

Plus...
I've got a cool new apartment,
bachelor pad,
and it's got cool walls,
and I like my room,
and I'm already paying for it,
so I might as well spend some time here.

Let's have a party.

small.

I'll bring some pot,
you bring one of those
cool little Heineken mini kegs.

I love those things.

Me and my last room mate
at my temporary bachelor pad
threw a party with six of those things.

Every half hour we would exclaim
in triumph... "we kick another KEG!"

never mind it only holds fifteen beers,
we felt awesome.

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's too bad. Me and the wife were going to be in LA on your tour date there, and were going to stop by your show and give you a little mid-western love in the big city.

-Matt from Des Moines

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I could bring a keg on a plane to Chicago. But they might not let me carry it on. I don't check shit anymore.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home