Friday, August 03, 2007

moly

What do I tell you today?

I'm in love, with life,
if that helps you get
ahold of how I'm feeling.

And I'm confused,
about love, if that
clarifies things a bit.

I'm excited about my new album,
because I've never really had one before.

This one is done,
and two people already bought it today online.

Their names are Kevin and Emily,
thanks, dudes.

I hope it doesn't bother you
if I call you dude, Emily.

It's a term of transgenderal endearment.

Like transcontinental,
not like I love you because you're a tranny.

I know I'm supposed to be funny in these messages,
but tonight, I'm just feeling good.

I got a solid buzz going at work,
and I made a lot of money,
and I know I'm not supposed to drink at work,
but it's okay, I'm in the restaurant business.

You wouldn't want me to be ignorant about the wine list, would you?

All I'm saying is,
life is short and weird and wonderful.

And apparently I'll be breaking some hearts along the way,
but I'm trying to live and love and make music
and make people laugh and think and stop thinking so much,
and today,
it's going pretty well.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home