Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The news

I drive around by myself, a lot.

And I listen to the radio,
mostly the news,
any number of newses,
because I've got the groovy
satellite radio.

Here's some highlights:

There is a monkey loose in Mississippi.
A monkey escapes from a local zoo,
and has been spotted all around town.
Residents are warned not to touch
or try to apprehend the animal,
because it is, and I quote, "a bad monkey"
---------------------
A female news anchor delivered
the shocking announcement
that the local mayor had separated from his wife.

Breaking news.

The news anchor was later suspended
when it was discovered that she
was the woman having an affair with the mayor.

That takes balls of steel.

--------------
Poor citizens in Haiti
recycle tons and tons
of American "garbage"
every year.

Cars, clothes, furniture,
even toilets, that we throw
away are being fixed up
and reused by Haitians in need.

But... but...... but..!!

they refuse to wear any bit
of clothing that carries advertising
for any American company.

I love it.

until next time,

-p

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Harvey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Shannon Harvey said...

funny stuff as always.... I'm going to be in the UK this fall, I hope to catch a show. Glad to see things are still rock'n for the Peter. Please say hi to your Parents.

your old neighbor from Pavilion St.
Shannon

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home