Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Festivals

Last year,
Nice Peter had some good fortune
with the slew of Chicago street festivals.

Our friend, Duff, the booker at the Cubby Bear,
was involved in choosing the acts,
and he thought we were fun.

We are fun, god damn it.

We got two or three fests last year,
they pay an incredible amount of money,
and its great exposure to a new crowd.

This year, Duff is not involved.
But we are still trying to get in.

Today, my hopes were a bit mashed,
and my soul cried, and my eyes bled.

I saw the line up for Mayfest.

Hairbanger's Ball (80's metal cover band)
Mike and Joe (Dave Matthews/John Mayer/etc. cover band)
Maggie Speaks (Jackson 5, Nickleback, Goo Goo Dolls cover band)
Elevation (my favorite U2 tribute)
Too White Crew (old school hip hop cover band)


You have got to be fucking kidding me.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home