Thursday, April 12, 2007

Where's the keyboard?

"Pete, when are you going to write a new blog?"

Today.

I've been depressed.

When I get all depressed,
all I can think to write about
is being depressed.

Which seems to me like a waste of time.

So I've been avoiding the blog,
like I've been avoiding most things.

But today I'm doing a little bit better.

I'm in my parents house,
listening to them argue cheerfully
with Kristen while I type.

I don't have much to say, yet,
but I do have some quick updates:

I bought a new car.
because my old car shit the bed.
The Mercury is out of commission,
blew a head gasket, a $2000 fix
on a $400 car.

ouch.

I bought a 1997 Subaru Outback
with 37,000 miles from an older
man with Alsheimer's.

He couldn't find the title.

Couldn't remember where he put it.

ouch.

But eventually, he did,
and I bought the car,
and I love it.

It's a manual transmission.

I didn't know how to drive one,
but I figured it out on the way home.

I'd like to apologize
to the Honda Civic behind me.

sorry.

I had a show in CHicago the other week.

I hated it.

It wasn't your fault,
you wonderful person
int he audience, it was mine.

I had nothing new to offer you,
and I wasn't excited to be there,
and that's what got me depressed.

I just felt washed up,
which I know is stupid,
because I'm not.

I've just got to write some new songs.

and.

I've got to finish this album,
which is pretty much finished,
but not totally,
and that kinda has me down too.

so.

that's that.

I'm off to Ithaca,
on our blotchy big tour,
which didn't come together
exactly as I hoped.

But I've got a car,
and I'm not hungry,
so I guess I'm doing alright.

I'll be back,
just give me a little time
to remember how to be funny.

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete - Get your ass to Madison - we'll boost your spirits. Hang in there till the 28th...

Sincerely,

"the fan at the end of the bar with the illegal smile"

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks pete ;) i still thought the Chicago show was great.

-mandy

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home