Monday, November 02, 2009

"Japanese People are Weird" Reaches Out

Hi.

One afternoon,
I made a slide show out
of some funny pictures my roommate
found on the internet.

I sat down with my guitar
and my portable recorder,
and I made up a song about the pictures
as they scrolled along.

I liked the way it turned out,
so I posted it on some websites.

Break.com featured it,
and next thing I know,
it takes off on a small scale for a few days.

Cool.


The coolest part so far?

One of the people in the video
saw themselves and wrote me an email!

here it is, this guy has an awesomely strong sense of humor.

actually, before you read it, you should make sure you watch the video.

The subject line was :

"I was the honor student from Castle Greyskull middle school."
----------------------------
and yes indeed, i attended castle greyskull middle school and
graduated valedictorian, though sadly, during a heated campaign
against us, led by none other than Shemale-Ra, I was unable to
continue my higher education as our entire faculty had been put to
death during the war between Blu-Ray and Hi-Def discs. With Sony
refusing to lose the tek-wars a 2nd time (i.e. Beta vs. VHS), they
did indeed amass weapons of mass consumerism and... um... i digress.
I just wanted to say hey and thanks fer "borrowing" my photo from
somewhere out there (i never saw that particular shot before). I
liked yer lyric too. funny. Ironically a friend of mine was wasting
time on break.com and was just about to shut off yer "japanese people
are weird" song when he unknowingly came across my pic, taken at the
annual San Francisco Big Wheel Rally. He gave me the shout out and
ive been sharing your song with a bunch of friends & family... thanks
again. I'll keep checking back on yer tour dates, as i would love to
catch a live show (don't fret... i'm a fan now).

later

The Honor Student at Castle Greyskull Middle School

------------------

That made me soooo happy.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home