Saturday, August 01, 2009

This is Des Moines

Well, jesus H Christ.


Welcome back!

I got yelled at by my friend
Bryan because I've been neglecting my blog.

Now I'm in a Kinkos in Des Moines
copying CDRs because I sold out of
my new live album two nights ago.

Oh... I have a new live album.
It's my first ever solo live album,
and I like it, a lot.

I always fear that I've crested
the hill with my creative exploits.

Turns out, I haven't, and that's a relief.

Songwriting has still been a bit of
a bitch, but the shows have been better
than ever.

I sharpened my teeth out there in Los Angeles,
something like that.

I did this residency at a music club
slash pizza joint in Long Beach.

That got me in my groove.
The live album is from there,
and it's probably 50% improvised.

There's a DVD too, but we'll talk about that later.

Right now I want to tell you about my
last couple of days.

Thursday night I had a gig at Skydive Chicago.
That is 45 miles southwest of the city.
and it kicked huge ass.

I'll sum it up as quick as I can.

I've been playing there every year for 4,
and this year they built a big stage
and had big lights and sound,
and a huge crowd or crazy drunk people,
and it was all perfect and fun and just how
it should be and afterwards I took pictures
and signed a boob and sold out of all my new CDs.

Then, I started partying.

If you've never partied with a skydiver,
I highly recommend it.

Ah... decicions, decicions,
do I want to skinny dip in the lake
with those hot girls or ride
a hovercraft with these dudes
or build a fire and smoke weed
with those guys or drink beers
and spew philosophy with that homie
or climb a tree or just yell at the top of my lungs?

It doesn't matter,
it's private property,
and as crazy as everyone is,
they are also remarkably sane.

It's hard to explain, just trust me.

I woke up in the morning
with more options.

I opted for the
flying in the wind tunnel
then swimming then getting a pro massage
then eating a fresh grilled hamburger selection.

It all adds up to,
I'm glad to be back on the road,
I don't think I'm going to stop.

I moved to LA to find a manager,
or an agent, or something,
and I found one.

That's a whole other story
that isn't quite completed yet
so I'll tell you about that later.

But it's pretty cool.

oh yeah,
now I'm in Des Moines.

and last night I ate pizza
with some nice people at
a pizza joint that serves
honey garlic slices and more
kinds of beer than I've ever seen.

That was after I played for a huge
crowd of douchebags and made fun of them
one by one until they went into the other room
until all that was left was cool free thinking people
and the staff who I thought hated me but apparently loved it.

that was fun too.

I'm sorry I've been so quiet,
I've had a lot on my mind, sort of.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brendan said...

Pete you said you got to go in a wind tunnel. Is that the indoor skydiving? Do they have it on Chicago? I have been looking for indoor skydiving, but I couldn't find facilities around the Chicago area.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home