Monday, December 01, 2008

Updater-a-doodle

I'm in Van Horn.

Texas.

From my calculations,
I haven't written you any stories
in a long time.

I'm sorry,
I have a lot to tell.

Also from my calculations,
since I last wrote you anything,
I've played within spitting distance
of both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.

Here's a quick recap:

I finished up my England tour,
it was awesome, lot's of crazy shit happened,
lot's of gigs happened, I almost puked onstage,
which was, in it's own way,
awesome.

I finished up six weeks
on the road in the UK
on Monday night,
I flew to Chicago on Tuesday,
landed,
slept,
woke up,
got my car,
played a gig
in Chicago,
on Wednesday night.

That night,
I slept at a stock
broker's apartment,
that had an elevator
that opened up right into
his apartment,
that was fucking cool.

On Thursday,
I picked up all my stuff that
was stashed at Pauly's,
Jamie's, and the recording studio.

Then I hit the road again
with my girlfriend.

She and I drove to Buffalo,
New York, where I had a gig.

That sucked.

The venue,
which I shall not name,
but it starts with a "B",
and ends with a "roadway Joe's",
fucked me.

I've played there three times,
never had a problem,
but this time they gave me
all kinds of hassle over the money.

I ended up calling the owner at home,
waking him up, and telling him
I'll never step foot in his bar again.

It's about time I got that kind of balls.

Standing up for myself,
at least a little bit,
I learned that from Ed in England.

Anyhow,
I left Buffalo,
went to visit my parents in Rochester, NY,
rested for a couple days,
and then hit the road again.

We went down the coast,
played an open mic in Pennsylvannia,
where.... low and behold,
a dude in the crowd knew my songs.

That was awesome.

We kept heading south,
to South Carolina, for three gigs,
one at a naval base,
one in front of 300 people,
that was also awesome.

We met three cool bands,
and had a little mini tour.

They are:
Enter the Era,
One Way Out,
and Framing Hanley.

All cool guys.

Then we hit Daytona Beach,
Florida.

And stayed with my friend Flood.

Lead singer of the one and only White Trashistan.

I love you, guy.

He manages a hotel...
about..... fifty yards from the ocean.

We stayed there for free
for three nights.
and played a gig at
an Irish Pub with the
best damn beer selection
I have ever seen.

That was fucking awesome.

Then we drove across to
Mobile, Alabama, to spend
Thanksgiving with the lady's
family, ate food, slept,
and hit the road again.

This time headed for Texas,
where we stayed last night
with my cousin, George.

He is seventy something years old.

and I haven't seen him since I was nine.

And he is awesome.

He owns a 25 acre ranch,
three sheep, a cat,
and a donkey.

This morning,
I shot a gun at a cactus.

I've never fired a gun before,
I was very careful.

and I fucking nailed
that cactus.

It was awesome.

I love you,
I miss you,
and I'll try to write
you more, I promise.

Oh...
and by the way,
I'm moving to Los Angeles.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home