Tuesday, December 16, 2008

California, continued

Holy shit, dude.

This town is crazy.

Last night,
we went to an
open mic in Hollywood.

It was at the Kibitz Room,
next to Canter's Jewish deli.

A 24 hour deli
that serves Jewish food
to people like Slash from Gun's and Roses.

There's a picture of him eating
corned beef on the wall.

The open mic itself was pretty cool,
I played Fuck Guitar Center,
that's usually my song of choice
at a room full of musicians.

We only got one song each,
I'm starting from scratch here, remember.

There was one dude who
looked, sang, and behaved
exactly like the guy from
"Chocolate Rain" on youtube.

exactly.

like, so much
that I had to look
up the video when I got
home to make sure it wasn't really him.

It wasn't.

But this guy sang
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire,
A Cappella,
in a deep ass voice,
for no reason.

and no one even blinked.

it was no surprise,
no big deal,
nothing novelty.

just that crazy dude
who comes in and joins
all the other crazy dudes
in Hollywood.

Like Artie Vegas.

He is the lead singer
of the Artie Vegas review.

A seven piece band,
fronted by Artie himself,
who was dressed in a sequin
vest with musical notes all over it,
and a long black cape.

I smoked a joint with him outside.

I just had to, right?

So we stuck around after the
open mic, to see a country band,
and then the Artie Vegas review.

There was a hot chick
who was dancing all over the place,
a beautiful girl named Amy
who was doing a photo shoot
with an old Jewish man,
and a crackhead lady
asking everyone if they
could smell her vagina.

crazytown.

That was last night.

Tonight,
we went out to a comedy show,
so I could meet the girls who book it,
and then we crashed my friend Scott's
party at a big, big place in Santa Monica,
ate the rest of his free food,
saw Scott, met his friends,
and convinced a guy that
he should move to Chicago.

I do miss it,
but this is one hell
of a crazy town.

And I'm going out every night,
meeting people, playing a song
here and there, and things are going...
well...
I'm not sure yet,

but they're going.

-p

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Pete. I love reading your blog posts.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home