Thursday, January 03, 2008

Where the hell have you been?

Sorry.

I've been on break.

I had to take one,
I was getting sloppy.

I take breaks a lot,
but you have to remember,
just because I'm taking a break
from the website, or booking, or writing,
doesn't mean I'm not waiting on impatient
Indian people and dealing with girls and ex girls,
and moms, and brothers, and cousins, and what not.

Speaking of moms and brothers and cousins,
I played a show in my hometown,
and my mom and brother and cousins were there.

That was the first time my mother has seen me play.

Keep in mind,
I was not allowed to swear
in my house as a kid,
or a teenager.

And now I swear for a living.

Prohibition creates crime.

My mother loves the fact
that I perform, she's always encouraged me.

But as you can imagine,
she does not care for the
subject material.

I dedicated "If You Really Love Me"
to her.

that was weird.

But the show went well,
and my cousins seemed to love it.

That was over Christmas,
where I picked up a new toy
for the live show.

I can't tell you,
you'll have to see.

Let's just say, I can
sing with myself now.

hee hee....

Now I'm back in Chicago,
trying to figure out what to
with my life in three months,
and getting ready to move
into my awful room mate's
front room when he leaves
so I can record some new material.

I'm going back to my roots,
recording at home,
to lay down two EPs,
or perhaps one full length,
but probably two EPs.

I'm back in the office,
I've been out,
but now I'm back.

I guess I do this
from time to time,
but it keeps me sane.

You'll hear from me more,
I've got stories you
wouldn't believe.

And...
I'm starting to book shows,
a mini tour in February,
and a full tour in March/April
and another UK tour in April/May.

stay tuned,
it's nice to see you again.

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you on RBR the other night. Best Nice Peter episode yet.

Three months free? You should come down to Florida and play a show in Ft. Lauderdale. I'd come, and my friends too. Or, at least come down for your March/April tour.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap. You played in Rochester. Man, I really hope it wasn't while I was there and I missed it.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home