Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fork

I have come to a split decision in my life.

Do I stay here, in Chicago,
and keep touring,
and build things organically?

Or do I move to New York,
In January,
and try to aim for some
bigger exposure?

I've been mulling this over
for years.

And now,
I have to decide.

well, not now,
but soon.

I like New York,
and I hate New York.

It's big and mean and dirty,
but it's the fucking coolest
place in the world.

David Cross seems to like it,
why wouldn't I?

and I could sell my car to my dad,
maybe...

hey, dad...
would you want to
buy my car if I move to NY?

It's a stick shift!

I need your help,
add a comment,
share your views.

I'm doing okay out on the road,
and I think that's where I belong.

I could just keep touring
and playing and getting
better at promoting,
and maybe something will happen.

Or,
I could aim for the big time.

-p

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete,
I got your back either way here in Howell, your favorite place to do awkward all ages shows where you don't want to talk about penises and pot, and yet you still do, even though I don't tell you not ot.

Haha. You want my honest opinion? I don't fucking know. The music industry is a scary place right now. I'm not sure what it's like in the comedy world, but I do know that someone else is making all the money.

Do what makes you happy, brother, and that's all I can tell you.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, FYI.

Signed,
Nate
Blue Collar Booking
Howell, MI

Thought that might be important.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say Boo to NYC!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be sad if you leave.
not that i know you.
but apparently i am some creepy chick that has sat down to read the entire history of your blogdom in one sitting for no real reason.
so yeah, don't leave.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home