Monday, May 28, 2007

New Mexico

I'm at the public library in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Wait.... what?

Oh, yeah...
I'm playing a gig at a ranch
in Gallup, NM and I've got
some time to kill so I figured
I'd stop by and check some email.

oh.

Wait.. what?

I have a gig, at a ranch,
in New Mexico.  What's so
weird about that?

I don't know where I am,
who I'm playing for,
or what its going to be like.

I think it's outside,
and I think I have
a place to sleep.

But to be honest,
I really have no idea.

The gig was set up as
a private party for
a cool guy named Brandon,
you can call him Shaggy.

He used to live in Michigan
and come to shows in Grand Rapids.

I think I got that right.

Now he works in New Mexico,
on a ranch, and he decided to fly 
me down for a gig.

Why not?

He bought me plane tickets,
it's a shitload of travel.

I left the house this morning
at 8 am, landed, now I have
to wait for the train to
take me to Gallup. Arriving at 7 pm.

On the way back,
I leave Gallup at 8:30 am,
train it to Albuquerque,
fly to Dallas, Texas,
wait for an hour,
fly to Chicago to arrive
at 8:30 pm.

Holy shit thats a lot of travel.

It's amazing, really.

Almost 24 hours of total transit
time to come to a ranch in the desert
for a gig.  One gig.

Albuquerque is cool,
I'd like to get some Mexican food
while I'm here, I hear its fantastic.

The people here speak very slowly.

I'm hoping to find some peyote.

Chicago in Winter is snowy,

Excuse me, I must be going.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home