Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Transmission

Touring.

We showed up in Mankato, Minnesota,
at the bar for our show,
and people clapped when we walked in.

That was something.
Made us feel more
important than we really are.

In Des Moines, Iowa,
the place was packed
for a show on a Sunday night.

Fabulous.

In Iowa City,
there were two people there,
and we didn't get paid except in pizza.
But,
the people were cool,
and they got a Tru Gangster t-shirt
for their little daughter.

In Madison,
the crowd continues to grow,
from 7 to 14 to thirty.
It's a start.
50 bucks, plus pizza...

In Minneapolis,
well, we got beat by the opening band,
they were really good,
and they had a huge crowd,
and I got intimidated.

It happens to me sometimes.
I tried to give it my all,
and it was pretty fun,
and it was the Jeet's birthday,
so that was cool.

We leave for New York city this Thursday.
Very excited, although nervous,
our finances are not in line,
and we have a lot of driving to do,
and I'm guessing we'll be lucky
to make pizza at our shows in NY.

Today I'm back into the studio,
still hacking away at new recorded tracks.
You should hear what I've got down
for "It's Time to be Gay"
I did it in a sequencer,
imagine the "Smoke that Weed" track,
but much more fabulous.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home