Sunday, June 18, 2006

Curious

We met Maggie Speaks today.

Right after we played Cover Bands Suck Dick.

I've never been able to decide whether to call it
Covers Bands, or Cover Bands Suck Dick.

Either way,
we played it today.

Outside.

While all of Maggie Speaks
was standing right behind me backstage.

I almost didn't have the balls.

In fact, I didn't have the balls.

Bryan Adamick saved me at the last moment.

I almost balked.

It just didn't feel right to play the song.

Things were going well,
positive energy was in the air,
and to tell the truth,
I didn't expect Maggie Speaks
to be standing behind me.

But they were,
and after Bryan's reassurance,
I played the song.

They took it well,
Maggie Speaks,
all with a grain of salt.

They had a good sense of humor,
and they were friendly.

Especially the ethnic one...
...sexy for the ladies.

All in all, it was an unusual,
but interesting,
weekend of shows.

thanks to all the new friends who came out,
and thanks for homebrewed beer and puppies,
and RJ Grunts for being an awesome restaurant,
and the chubby gay men who sell awesome posters,
and the three year old who played the spoons,
and all the people in the mensroom for the finale
of If You Really Love Me.

Except the 14 year old girls,
you guys were creeping me out.

Nothing personal,
it just felt strange to be singing
that song standing so close
to you in the mensroom.

see you next time,

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home