Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ahh....

What a wonderful day.

I worked very hard in the studio today,
Suburban Highschool is turning out nicely.

I played some drums,
until my right hand started bleeding,
but I kept playing,
because the engineer is very encouraging.

His name is Mike,
he owns Soundscape Studio.

He also works with Sean.

They produce mostly hip-hop,
and Nice Peter.

When they have hip-hop clients in the studio,
they play a live cut of 50 Cent is a Pussy,
during breaks,
all the Hip-hop guys laugh,
I wish I could get a video of that.

Mike has a picture of a session he did
with George Clinton.

He says George Clinton smoked crack
the whole time.

We are working on an album,
I haven't talked too much about it,
because I don't want to get too excited
before its done.

But,
I am getting excited.

I've worked
on new albums before.

Every month,
I pay $230,
towards a loan I took out,
to pay for a studio session,
that I never used.

I used the session,
but not the tracks that came out,
it just didn't work,
and I'm picky about my recordings.

very picky.

Its funny to me,
because live,
anything goes,
drunk people come up
and play tambourine,
and I make up words
and fuck up chords,
but in the studio,
I get very precise.

It has to be just so.

I've had a new album
on my mind for....
probably three years now.

This will be my first "real"
album, done somewhere
other than my bedroom,
and I am very excited.

But I won't get too excited yet.

The Train Wreck gig is confirmed,
we are opening for Kyle from Tenacious D
in his other band, called Train Wreck.

It's on August 10.

On August 11 we open for the Gin Blossoms.

Quite a weekend.

Tonight,
I am going to smoke
my neighbor's bong,
to celebrate my good recording session.

Hey....
at least it's not crack.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home