Monday, April 24, 2006

Iowa Rules

Good News:

The Eagles of Death Metal concert has been rescheduled,
which means I have no tough decision to make,
even though I had made it already.
To stick with the Blues Traveller show,
I've got to have some honor in this cruel world.

Other good news:
Iowa Rules.

After playing 5 shows in four days,
we have concluded that Iowa is very kind to us.
And Mankato Minnesota is also very awesome.

My voice is blown out after an encore performance
of 157 at Lumpy's in Ames,
but all else is good.

Dear Big Guy with Motorcycle Jacket in Des Moines
Who Gave Me Small Bag of Weed on 4:20 as a Tip,

Thank you.

I made a wonderful little joint and smoked in a
McDonald's parking lot while Kristen waited in the car.

She had to drive,
I didn't.

It allowed me to pause and reflect upon the weekend.
And the reflection was clear,
Iowa rules.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home