Saturday, March 25, 2006

Times

It's times like these,
that I couldn't be happier.

We played in Bideford, Devon last night.
Lovely town, lovely people.

I was in Bristol yesterday.
Lovely place, Bristol.

They have a huge cathedral.
Built in the 1300's,
beautiful, massive, quiet.

I'm not much of a religious guy, myself,
but I do appreciate the quiet power of a big, old church.

I like to walk in and look around,
silently observing and thinking about the
masses that came here for salvation.

Silent,
observing,
reflecting.

Noticing,
the young man
and two boys
moving the drum set
and set of xylophones.

Hmmm..
must have been some music
in last night's service.

Walking,
observing,
reflecting,
whispering to the old lady,
"may i have a pamphlet?"
".....thank you..."
(whisper)

Quiet,
silent.

...

Ba BUM ba da DUM,
bum BA dummmmm,
ba ba BUM ba DA dum...
BUM ba ba da dummm...

The A-TEAM theme song....

loud as hell.

played on drum set and xylophone.

Blaring like a banshee
through the 1300's Bristol
Cathedral at mid-day.

With only myself,
a few tourists,
and the two old-lady caretakers
to bare witness.

Of all songs,
of all times and places...
the A-Team theme song?

Are you kidding me?

And no one flinched,
the old ladies did not make
a move to stop this awful racket.

We just all turned,
and listened to the entire
A-Team theme song,
played in a church,
by two young boys
on a xylophone
and full drum set.

We also saw a camel,
but that was later,
outside of Bristol.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home