Friday, April 21, 2006

decisions

Oh man.

So,
On Friday, May 19,
Kristen and I are set to
open for Blues Traveller
in Columbus, OH.

That's going to be a big show.
We're getting paid pretty well,
with a hotel room and all the trimmings.

I'm very excited.

Today, I get an email
fro a radi DJ named Ted
in Buffalo, NY.

He asks if I'd be interested
in opening for the Eagles of Death Metal.
That's a new band with the drummer from
Queen's of the Stone Age,
Dave Grohl and Jack Black are both
in their music video.

Well... of course I'd be interested.
What date?

May 19.

shit.

well...

dangit.

What would you do?

Keep in mind,
Columbus is a paid gig,
Buffalo is not.

and I already commited to Columbus,
and we're going on right before Blues
Traveller, where as at Eagles of Death Metal,
we might be first of an all day event, I'm not sure yet.

I already know what I'm going to do,
I'm going to stick with Columbus
and let Buffalo slip,
you can't go jumping over the fence
for the greener grass.

I already cancelled one gig for the Columbus show,
it would be dumb to cancel that for anything.

right?

-p

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home