Tuesday, June 05, 2007

There is a bird on my roof.

There is a bird, on my roof.

Not of my home,
but of my car.

It is a pigeon, black,
and it is a subaru, white.

I got out of band practice,
(not nice peter practice,
but side-project band practice,
with me on drums and my booking
agent on guitar and vocals)
and there was a pigeon on my roof.

of my car.

We both thought that was funny.

We looked closer, expecting him to fly away.

We opened the doors,
shut the doors,
loaded the car,
always expecting him to fly away.

This was two hours ago.

He is still there.

I drove 3 miles to the train station
to drop off Bryan (the guitar player),
he was still perched.

Nudged, in fact,
into the roof rack.

But not in a "hurt bird"
kind of way,
more conscious,
as if for comfort and convenience.

I drove 3 more miles to a bar
where Donehoo was drinking,
I had to show somebody.

Several people came to look at my bird.

I fed him a french fry.

I don't know if he got to eat it.

I went in for spell,
came out,
and he was still with me.

I drove home,
got out,
went upstairs to get my room mate,
and he is still with me.

the fries are gone,
but they could have flown off.

The bird could have flown off too,
seeing as he has wings,
but, instead, he remains.

Protecting my Subaru from harm,
and scaring away other birds.

"this is my car"
says the pigeon.

Actually,
it's my car,
but you can share it with me.

I'll try to go slow on the turns.

-p

PS
New Mexico part 2 is still in the works,
I didn't mean to leave you hanging,
but I had to tell you about the bird.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the bird still there? I'm dying over here!!

- Lauren

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home