Saturday, November 04, 2006

Coffee

Dear Panera Bread,

I love you.

I love your sandwiches,
and your free-range chicken,
I love the old lady sitting
across from me picking sunflower
seeds out of her salad.

I love your counter-girls,
they are always so pretty,
and stuck in that deceptive
age group that makes me wonder
if I am being creepy when I check them out.

Your free wireless internet is allowing
me to keep up with the world,
while enjoying a hazelnut blend,
and daydreaming out the window.

I am in Springfield, IL.

I played a solo show
at Thirsty's Playground last night.

I want to thank everyone in the audience
for making it a great show and making me feel welcome.

This afternoon I have another solo gig
in Bloomington/Normal,
and then it's a rush to Chicago
for the Cubby Set at eleven.

And then,
it's breaktime.

No more official shows until March 2007.
I can tell you,
we've got some little things planned,
one show in December,
and one in January,
just to stay fresh.
but nothing major.

I'm back to work at Vong's Thai Kitchen downtown.
I'm the daytime bartender.

It's weird to be back at a job,
but it'll be a nice change of pace.

I've gotten some emails from people
telling me not to stop for good.

I'm not stopping,
if anything,
I'll be more productive,
and get some bigger tours going.

Maybe travel beyond southern Illinois?

I've got some new songs cooking,
My Grandma
Pez Dispenser Collection
Bald Guy
Dirty Sanchez and the International
Brotherhood of the Donkey Punch

We'll see what happens.

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I found some interesting offers about loans. It would be desirable to discuss with
knowing people. What do you think?

[URL=http://loan.maybachexelero.org/home-improvement-loan.html]home improvement loan[/URL]
[URL=http://loan.maybachexelero.org/no-credit-check-personal-loan.html]no credit check personal loan[/URL]
[URL=http://loan.maybachexelero.org/student-loan-debt-consolidation.html]student loan debt consolidation[/URL]
[URL=http://loan.maybachexelero.org/refinance-car-loan.html]refinance car loan[/URL]
[URL=http://loan.maybachexelero.org/interest-only-loan.html]interest only loan[/URL]

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, I missed it! I work at Panera Bread in Springfield, IL. But on November 4, 2006 I had already left for school in Chicago. I am a student at North Park University in Chicago. I am waiting to see my first "Nice Peter" show. When and where are you playing next in Chicago?

Next time you're in Springfield, the 24hour shitty food at Denny's Restaurant after your gig is on me!

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home