Friday, October 13, 2006

In good hands.

Has it been so long since I've written?

My apologies.

So much has happened,
so much has been lost,
and gained, I can't keep up.

Let us start with the Kia Spectra.

Kristen and I have been touring the last
couple years or so in a 2002 black Kia hatchback.

It was the
"little engine that could, but will cost you
thousands of dollars in the process"

We lost the transmission outside of Fort Wayne, IN,
we lost the brakes in Chicago,
we got a hole in the bumper in Minneapolis,
and I think we left that piece of tail light in Michigan.

Two weeks ago,
we left the whole car
with the Allstate Insurance Company.

Totaled.

Hit and run accident in front of Kristen's apartment.

Don't worry, no one was hurt,
no one was in the car.

A Latino gentleman was coming around a corner
at high speeds, it just happened to be Kristen's corner.

He hit a car with his pick up truck,
bounced of that car, and slammed into
the Kia's back left side.

Suspension+wheel+frame=fucked.

The man then proceeded to get out of the truck and run.
Thus the hit and run.

Luckily, there was a witness who chased and caught him,
(they found him around the corner, sleeping under a tree with a giant
hat on)

It turns out he wasn't the owner of the truck.
The owner, also a Latino gentleman, was in police custody at the time.

Now, let me be clear,
I love my Mexican brothers.
They are hard working, fun-loving,
beautiful people. With a strong sense
of family and friendship.

However, they are not exactly known for their accurate paperwork.

Thus, we are not expecting to receive much in insurance money from
the driver
or the owner.

Luckily, we had insurance, collision, to boot.

We are without a car,
but we made two hundred bucks off the deal.

Kristen still owed 2700 bucks on the thing,
and we got 2900, so, all things considered, not bad.

Its rental cars and taxis for October,
and we won't need a car much during the break.

In other news:

I sold my electronic drumset,
and used the money to buy more
studio time and a new Powerbook.

The studio sessions are coming along well,
as well as they ever do for me, anyway.

I'm enjoying the new map feature on the website,
I think I got a visitor from Italy yesterday.
Who knew?

Stay in touch, I miss you.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home