Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Birthday

Ah,
birthdays.

I'm another year older,
and I woke up on my floor.

I treated myself
to some treats from
Whole Foods, and an iced coffee.

I came back to greet the 4 Irishmen,
1 American, and 5 Montreal-eans
sleeping in my apartment.

It was quite the international youth hostel here last night.

The band Badflirt slept in Katie's room,
and the band, Oppenheimer slept in the living room.

I slept on my own floor, right next to my bed.

The show last night was a lot of fun,
I had fun, I think the people had fun.

Thanks to everyone who came out,
and sent birthday wishes, it was a very nice feeling.

The last few years I've gotten a bit stressed out
around my birthday, it's always been when I've
ended relationships, changed band members,
generally given my life some upheaval.

This year, I feel pretty calm.

I started the band 3 years ago today.
We had our first show on August 16, 2003.

Now, we'll just keep going.

Happy birthday, band...
you're three years old.

Me?
I'm twenty seven.

And it feels pretty good.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home