Thursday, August 10, 2006

Revelations

Thank you.

To the man at the Roscoe Village street festival,
who, after our set, (which was one of my favorites in years)
approached the stage, said "awesome, man"
and gingerly placed a handful of weed into my palm.

No baggie, no explanation,
just, "awesome, man" and a handful
of free-standing grass.

Such a joy,
such a gift.

I'll have you know,
that grass was smoked
in only the best of situations.

I was sitting alone,
on the top of a giant sand dune,
with the sun setting behind me,
and the moon full in front of me,
looking out over a campground,
hundreds of feet up, with nothing to
worry about, no computers, no cell phone.
Just me, and your lovely gift.

It's people like you that make traveling
around playing music more fun than it already is.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home