Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ode to Sarah Palin, the song

To all of you lovers and
haters out there, I recorded
my Sarah Palin song,
and I made a little youtube
video, and you can watch it
and hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4bdAd841I

Now if you'll excuse me,
I'm packing my entire
life into a Subaru and leaving
the country for a while and then
coming back and traveling with
no home and not enough set up
tour dates and then I might live
in California for a while, and I found
a nice temporary home for my cat
with my wonderful booking agent
Mr. Bryan Adamick, and I'm sick
as a dog, and tired, but excited because
I have a pretty awesome new drummer
and a generally positive outlook on life,
and I'm off to chase weird dreams that
are more like waking fantasies that
aren't that hard to realize.

Like.... dreaming of a slurpy,
and then just walking to 7-11
to buy one. It doesn't seem that hard,
but then, I'm not really aiming that high,
but then, maybe I am and just walking
too slowly towards it,
but then, maybe it's my own
happiness and satisfaction with
the way things are already that
keeps me from being some sort
of mad, driven, depressed artist
that channels his sadness into
unbridled creativity.

I don't have that,
I've been feeling pretty good lately.

I think I'm kind of disappearing into
the night, without really telling people,
I've talked about it for years, it's time
for me to just go.

I'm gonna miss that cat,
I'll get you a picture soon.

He's taken to sitting in
my bathroom sink,
it's adorable.

God bless the USA,
God save the Queen,
God... I could go for a slurpy.

Wish me luck...
I'm leaving town
for a while.

much love,

-p

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Peter! Safe travels and have fun.

11:02 PM  
Blogger LaNae said...

who hoo, Kitty Pic, I wish you the best of luck on your travels and you know you always have a place to crash in good old MN.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home