Sunday, July 06, 2008

complimentary

wow.

I got some nice
things said to me
over the internet.

in fact,
I stumbled onto
a message board
talking about my different
albums and which are better or worse.

that was crazy.

the nice things
were on my blog,
this blog,
I kinda hate the word blog.

I had the day off today,
I played all weekend at Durty Nellies.

They are basically supporting
my summer.

it's fantastic.

I play there on Wednesdays,
it's out in the suburbs,
but they want me to play so late,
that I can't drink, the last train
is at 12:35 am.

But last wednesday,
I crashed out in the suburbs,
and I did a lot of jager bombs,
and I wound up buck naked in
a hot tub at six in the morning
smoking out of a plastic bong and
listening to guns and roses.

it was textbook awesome.

I told Pauly about it,
we went back and forth
on text messages with
our recent crazy adventures
and decided we need to hang out more often.

I'll bring a video camera.

I'm going into a practice space
on Tuesday to play drums
and write and record some demos
and work out some new shit.

You gotta hear my new cover
of Get Low by lil john.

Oh...
that reminds me,
I was going to tell you
about my experience opening
for a cover band at Durty Nellies.

they were super, super, nice dudes.

the lead singer was peeing
into a jug backstage right before
he went on,
I have no idea why,
but it ruled.

They played hard, metal,
rocking kinda covers,
maybe one AC DC,
but lots of "bodies hit the floor"
kinda stuff.

I imagine they would be
very popular playing
for soldiers in Iraq.

anyhow,
their audience...
was trained monkeys.

It's hard to explain,
but they could not
pay attention to anything
for more than ten minutes
if they didn't know it already.

Maybe I'm being hard on them,
I was not at my best,
after all,
I had woken up that morning
in the suburbs buck
naked with the towel
from the hot tub still around me.

Happy America Day!

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home