Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Zanies

Well,
I had a pretty big week last week..

I performed at Zanies comedy club in Chicago,
Tuesday through Saturday, two shows a night.

I didn't tell anybody, I know that's weird,
but it was important to me to see what it's
like to play to a completely new crowd
at a stand up comedy club.

It was great, I swear I'll let you know next time.

It was really, really great, in it's own way.

Much different than a music club,
everyone was listening intently,
but at the same time, the pressure
for constant laughs was much higher.

I got used to it, it took me a couple
of days, and I can definitely see myself
getting better.

The cool thing was the guys I met.

On no particular order:

Mychee Hall,
he was the opener.
and he was a real black guy.

We spent a lot of time together,
he's a fantastic dude, and he
gave me lots of insight into
the comedy scene.

Jimmy Shubert,
he was the national headliner,
he has his own Comedy Central
special and stuff, and he is fucking awesome.

He's just a pro, he's been doing it forever,
he used to tour with Sam Kinison,
he gave me shitloads of advice,
and he swears worse than I do.

Hal Sparks,
he's that dude from Talk Soup on E.
And he's in Queer as Folk.

He was the headliner for two special shows.
What a cool dude.
I recognized him right away,
cause I used to watch Talk Soup
all the time, so to me, he was
kinda famous.
Well, he is kinda famous.

I played it cool, though,
I was determined not to be a dork.

I just said, "hi, I'm Pete, they have great sandwiches
down the road if you get hungry..."

they did.

I met his girlfriend too,
and I couldn't figure out how I knew her.
She was definitely familiar,
hmmm....

it took me a few days to realize
that I've masturbated to naked
pictures of her on the internet.

She's a Suicide Girl,
and one of my favorites.

Weird.

I'm glad I didn't realize
that when I met her,
that would have been too much.

So, the week was good,
I learned a lot, and I'm going
to start playing more comedy clubs.

It's a different scene, but I like it.

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home